Wednesday 13 November 2013

Exciting new project...... "Cornish Storms"

I am so excited to be taking part in a local exhibition in mid December here in Porthleven at the Lifeboat House Gallery. This exhibition is with a collective of artists from all over Cornwall who have been brought together by Mid-Summer-Nights.

This is a brilliant opportunity for me to work to a set brief and really get creative again. For far too long I have felt like I am so busy thinking about product and business that I have lost my creative side, or at least it has been repressed lately!

I am focusing on storms around Porthleven. They are wild and the waves often come up over the pier and across the road.

My statement of intent is:

To capture the power of a storm and its huge crashing waves; the motion, movement and energy in the creation of a piece of textile art.








No comments:

Post a Comment