Monday 24 June 2013

My Design Process

Since finishing my degree 3 years sgo it has taken me until now to realise that the most important part of the design process is the development stage. This might sound obvious but over the last 3 years I have always been working towards the next show and with deadlines looming I have always had an idea of what I want my work to look like and have just concentrated on producing final pieces ready for each show.  This has resulted in my work always seeming to lack something special and I'm always slightly dissapointed with what I have produced. Now I realise that I need to make time for the development stage ss this is where the magic happens, the test an idea then recreate then reinvent it, layer it up, disect it until eventually I reach an exciting result, , something wonderful amazing snd unique! Development is the key to creating outstanding textiles (or any creative work really! )

No comments:

Post a Comment